Landscaping Tips from Four Seasons Nursery & Landscape Services
In addition to fertilizing and maintenance, a landscape professional can tackle the more difficult aspects of lawn care, such as identifying and controlling lawn problems, using the proper equipment, and choosing the right products for your lawn!
Hiring the right service take a little effort, but the rewards of a thick, healthy lawn, beautiful plant material, and hardscape durability are substantial.
- 1. Determine what you want from a lawn service. Lawn care companies provide a range of services including, mowing, maintenance, aeration, seeding, landscaping, fertilizing, pest control applications, etc. You need to decide what services and products are appropriate for your needs and budget
- 2. Find out which companies’ service your neighborhood. Ask your neighbors who they use, Google local companies, Home Advisor is a good option, but Harford County Living is your BEST bet!
- Ask for a free estimate for service. Companies that quote a price without seeing your lawn are only guessing what your lawn might look like! Quality companies, like Four Seasons Nursery & Landscape Services, will only offer an estimate after seeing exactly what they are going to be working with.
- Ask about the price system, what services are included, and if they offer a payment plan. Prices are based on square footage and linear footage. A service provider may offer a yearly contract, seasonal contracts, or an on-call basis. Decide which level of flexibility best suits you. Clarify what happens if you have an issue in between visits. Are there additional charges for ‘service calls’? Etc.
- Make sure you have an understanding of what ‘results’ mean with the company before work starts. Get an explanation of what the service can and cannot do. You do not want to find out well into the contract that you have a different concept of the definition of results than your provider does. Ask questions!!! And get a statement of services in writing.
- Find out what is, and is not, guaranteed. Some services may offer a performance guarantee. Others may offer refunds if they fail to meet your expectations. Guarantees are usually limited to service providers returning to correct problems IF the customer is a full- service customer. Get guarantees in writing.
- Insurance and certification. Every state is different, but lawn care providers in the state of MD are required to carry state- mandated level of liability insurance and appropriate workers compensation coverage. You can confirm this upfront when you request a service estimate.
- Professional Membership. Be sure the company is affiliated with one or more professional green industry associations and is active in the community. Professional organizations keep members informed of new developments in pest- control methods, safety, training, research and regulations. Most associations have a code of ethics that their members must follow. An affiliation with a professional group indicates that a company strives for a better quality of work. Ask whether the company belongs to PLANET/ NALP. Four Seasons Nursery & Landscape Services IS!!
The lawn care service you select will become your partner in maintaining a beautiful, healthy lawn. In addition to providing specific services, it will be able to advise you on proper mowing and irrigation techniques, becoming your partner in getting greater enjoyment from your home.
NOTE: Some of the information provided in this article was provided from PLANET.