Harford County officials are opening five “warming centers” for citizens who need relief from the subfreezing temperatures gripping our area. The Harford County Department of Emergency Services, under the administration of County Executive Barry Glassman, and the Harford County Volunteer Fire and EMS Service are making the following volunteer fire company houses available to the public, effective immediately:
- Aberdeen House 1, 21 N. Rogers St., Aberdeen
- Bel Air House 1, 109 S. Hickory Ave., Bel Air
- Bel Air House 2, 27 E. Jarrettsville Rd., Forest Hill
- Bel Air House 3, 1 Patterson Mill Rd, Bel Air
- Jarrettsville House 1, 3825 Federal Hill Rd., Jarrettsville
All locations will be open 24/7, and available until 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 16, 2016. Please note that the above locations are not shelters; assistance for citizens experiencing homelessness can be accessed by dialing 211.