In this interview with award-winning journalist and author Krista Tippet, she shares insights on journalism as a force for progress, beginning, first, with a good question and active listening: “Good listening starts even before words begin to be spoken, even before we speak the question. It starts with the invitation we create, the way we create the invitation, the space we create. If it’s not trustworthy, if people think they’ve been brought in to be set up or to be — if people feel like they’re on the defensive or they have to explain themselves, then no matter how good my questions are, I haven’t established a space in which I can be a good listener or really draw them out in a meaningful way.” Tippet continues to share insights about hope, mindfulness, and the mechanics of social change.
- 12 hours ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment