In this interview with award-winning journalist and author Krista Tippet, she shares insights on journalism as a force for progress, beginning, first, with a good question and active listening: “Good listening starts even before words begin to be spoken, even before we speak the question. It starts with the invitation we create, the way we create the invitation, the space we create. If it’s not trustworthy, if people think they’ve been brought in to be set up or to be — if people feel like they’re on the defensive or they have to explain themselves, then no matter how good my questions are, I haven’t established a space in which I can be a good listener or really draw them out in a meaningful way.” Tippet continues to share insights about hope, mindfulness, and the mechanics of social change.
- 3 hours ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 3 hours ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Spot DIY Scams in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Picture of the Week for July 16, 2018 - 0 Comment