Delivering the Goods: Michelin Honors Unsung Holiday Heroes (332)
(NewsUSA) – With holidays fast approaching, it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of buying gifts, and food for get-togethers, parties and holiday dinners. Rarely do we take time to think about how these items — that will be long remembered (or forgotten) after the holidays are over — got to the store, market, and ultimately to your home.
Michelin North America, America’s leading tire company, is asking people to take a minute to reflect and recognize the behind-the-scenes workers who make the holidays possible and memorable for so many families.
From the farmers who provide the ingredients for holiday meals, to the port workers who unload our presents and the truckers and package couriers who deliver them, Michelin says it is honored to provide tires to those critical workers who “keep our economy moving.”
As you race from store to store, wrap your presents and prepare your holiday meals, consider these facts and take just a moment to appreciate those who work so hard to make your holidays special:
* 98 percent of the farms in the U.S. are family-operated.
* Agricultural production accounts for 50 percent of all U.S. land.
* 30 million shipping containers move through U.S. ports each year.
* $1.6 billion in sales is what experts predict U.S. consumers will spend online this season.
* 3.4 million truckers will average 500 miles a day and work 365 days a year to ensure that your packages arrive safe and sound at your doorstep.
“As you bustle from store to store and gather with family and friends, please take a minute this holiday season to think about the many people who help move the food and goods that contribute to your family’s special holiday memories across the miles and keep the roads and highways safe,” says Ralph Dimenna, chief operating officer for Michelin Americas Truck Tires Division. “These are the ones who ‘keep things moving’ under all kinds of weather and driving conditions.”
For more information, visit www.michelinmedia.com.
- 3 hours ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 8 hours ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment