Nearly 12 million parents in the United States currently are raising kids on their own. When single parents face a devastating illness such as cancer, everyday needs like cleaning and cooking can become a struggle. Jody Farley-Berens saw the need firsthand, when her childhood friend faced that situation. “Making ends meet is insurmountable,” said Farley-Berens. “There are so many doctors’ appointments, copays, surgeries, prescriptions. And then the inability to work — any savings that there may have been is gone very quickly.” She did all she could to help. After her friend passed away, Farley-Berens helped start a nonprofit dedicated to assisting others in similar circumstances.
- 2 days ago - What is Your Favorite Local Salon? - 3 Comments
- 3 days ago - Warm Winter Coats Distributed to 155 Harford County Children in Need - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Government Launches “HarCo Mobile” App - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Barry Glassman Installed as Second Vice President on County Association’s Board of Directors - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Dr. Russell W. Moy Named Harford County Health Officer - 0 Comment