Leadership is needed in times of upheaval and transition — but what are the qualities it takes to be an effective leader and a positive influence? Christopher I. Maxwell of the Wharton Center for Leadership delves into this question in an interview. In it he discusses his book, “Lead Like a Guide: How World Class Mountain Guides Inspire Us to Be Better Leaders.” Maxwell interviewed mountain guides all over the world and found that most successful guides embody six essential leadership traits that can be translated to the world of business, or any realm of life where leadership is needed. While many misunderstand leadership to be leading others forward by direction, mountain guides understand that it is far better to help others discover their own power to overcome great obstacles. Learn how empowering others can help you be an agent for change in your work and in the world.
- 1 day ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment