Leadership is needed in times of upheaval and transition — but what are the qualities it takes to be an effective leader and a positive influence? Christopher I. Maxwell of the Wharton Center for Leadership delves into this question in an interview. In it he discusses his book, “Lead Like a Guide: How World Class Mountain Guides Inspire Us to Be Better Leaders.” Maxwell interviewed mountain guides all over the world and found that most successful guides embody six essential leadership traits that can be translated to the world of business, or any realm of life where leadership is needed. While many misunderstand leadership to be leading others forward by direction, mountain guides understand that it is far better to help others discover their own power to overcome great obstacles. Learn how empowering others can help you be an agent for change in your work and in the world.
- 18 hours ago - Ballet Chesapeake Presents “Cinderella” - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - The New Superfood To Spice Up Your ‘Moringa’ Smoothie - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Three Harford County Public Schools Elementary Schools and One Middle School Earn Maryland Green School Recognition - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - “This Place Matters” - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We All Scream for Ice Cream - 0 Comment