There are times when living for today is exactly what we need to do, and there other times when we will only prevail if we take the long view of life on this Earth and stop measuring our success by the problems we solve each day. For this reason, Clarissa Pinkola Estes exhorts us to embrace the moment we are in with all of its fear, uncertainty, and turmoil. She says, “I too have felt despair many times in my life, but I do not keep a chair for it…In any dark time, there is a tendency to veer toward fainting over how much is wrong or unmended in the world. Do not focus on that. Do not make yourself ill with overwhelm.” Let us be a light for each other and not lose heart. Remember, we were made for these times.
- 1 day ago - Havre de Grace Elementary School’s Thomas Dennison Jr. Named 2018 Lowell Milken Center Fellow - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Jones Junction Auto Dealership Group Now the Premier Sponsor of Bel Air Independence Day Celebration - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – DeAunte Wesley Printup - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Best Friends in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Pleasantville Animal Hospital of Fallston - 0 Comment