Last month, a remarkable gathering took place in Ahmedabad, India. Dubbed, “Gandhi 3.0” it was a retreat that brought together change-makers from around the world who aspire to drive that change from the inside out, through the power of inner transformation. One of the first speakers at the retreat was Sachi Maniar, a dynamic young filmmaker-turned-social-entrepreneur who devotes a significant part of her time towards running a Boys Observation Home in Mumbai (the local equivalent of juvenile hall). In her moving talk she describes pivotal stories, questions and ‘aha’ moments from her journey — a journey that saw her befriending the surliest guards, nurturing kindness in the angriest inmates, and learning just how powerful a force listening can be. What follows is the video and full transcript of her talk.
- 2 days ago - Harford County Offers Christmas Tree Safety Tips - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Greater Bel Air Community Foundation Raises More Than $60,000 at 16th Annual Golf Tournament - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - THE SECOND ANNUAL GREAT HAVRE DE GRACE OYSTER FEAST RAISES OVER $5,000 FOR LOCAL NONPROFITS - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Holiday Lights, Organization and Insurances Have More in Common Than you Think! - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Emergency Services’ Heidi DiGennaro Named 2017 Line Supervisor of the Year in Maryland - 0 Comment