Last month, a remarkable gathering took place in Ahmedabad, India. Dubbed, “Gandhi 3.0” it was a retreat that brought together change-makers from around the world who aspire to drive that change from the inside out, through the power of inner transformation. One of the first speakers at the retreat was Sachi Maniar, a dynamic young filmmaker-turned-social-entrepreneur who devotes a significant part of her time towards running a Boys Observation Home in Mumbai (the local equivalent of juvenile hall). In her moving talk she describes pivotal stories, questions and ‘aha’ moments from her journey — a journey that saw her befriending the surliest guards, nurturing kindness in the angriest inmates, and learning just how powerful a force listening can be. What follows is the video and full transcript of her talk.
- 2 days ago - The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region Announces License to Give - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - HEALTH DEPARTMENT TOBACCO EDUCATION STAFF RECEIVES TOBACCO TREATMENT CERTIFICATION TO ENHANCE TREATMENT IN HARFORD COUNTY - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Bel Air Hair Salon Invited to style hair at NEW YORK FASHION WEEK! - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - $12,000, 12 Different Charities, 12 Days of Christmas Giving - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Picture of the Week for February 12, 2018 - 0 Comment