Last month, a remarkable gathering took place in Ahmedabad, India. Dubbed, “Gandhi 3.0” it was a retreat that brought together change-makers from around the world who aspire to drive that change from the inside out, through the power of inner transformation. One of the first speakers at the retreat was Sachi Maniar, a dynamic young filmmaker-turned-social-entrepreneur who devotes a significant part of her time towards running a Boys Observation Home in Mumbai (the local equivalent of juvenile hall). In her moving talk she describes pivotal stories, questions and ‘aha’ moments from her journey — a journey that saw her befriending the surliest guards, nurturing kindness in the angriest inmates, and learning just how powerful a force listening can be. What follows is the video and full transcript of her talk.
- 3 days ago - ‘Libraries Rock!’ With Animals During Summer Reading - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Former DEA Official Highlights Pharmaceutical Industry’s Role in the Opiate Epidemic at Harford County’s 14th Annual Drug Symposium - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - HOMERUNS FOR HEALTHY KIDS - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Reunites Family of Bel Air Toddler with Life-Saving County Employees - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Harford County Public Schools Receives Grant to Continue Full-day Prekindergarten at Three Elementary Schools - 0 Comment