“I believe the way we most fully integrate ourselves with the world, is through our senses. When I teach creative writing classes, I love it when I get a five-day class, so that each day I give them an exercise based on one of the senses. I think the electronic world makes us out of touch with our embodied selves. For me, nature is a huge source. I want to be outside. I want to turn to it. I want to be observing it as much as possible because that’s the source for everything.” Poet Barbara Crooker’s life and writing encompass harsh losses and radiant gifts. In this in-depth interview interspersed with a selection of her luminous poetry, she shares reflections on grief, parenting, nature, the writing life and much more.
- 1 day ago - Is Your Home Handicap Accessible? - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - 5 or 10 Spinning Classes at Emerge Wellness (Up to 42% Off) - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Disabilities Commission Seeks Nominees for 2018 Employment Recognition Awards - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Are You Ready For a Party On the Patio? - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for August 13, 2018 - 0 Comment