Deep inside us is an âecological selfâ according to Bill Devall, Sociology professor at Humboldt State University in California and author of Living Richly in an Age of Limits. He says that people need nature more than they have any idea, even a diminished landscape like a city park. They feel better when they are sitting under trees, but parks lack ability to continue the evolutionary processes on its own, as a self-organizing system. Devall would like fifty per cent of the total land and water areas of the Earth to be designated as wilderness areas.
- 2 days ago - Picture of the Week for February 19, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Public Library Offers Fifth Genealogy Conference - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – SARC (The Sexual Assault/Spouse Abuse Resource Center) - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Music Land - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region Announces License to Give - 0 Comment