Deep inside us is an âecological selfâ according to Bill Devall, Sociology professor at Humboldt State University in California and author of Living Richly in an Age of Limits. He says that people need nature more than they have any idea, even a diminished landscape like a city park. They feel better when they are sitting under trees, but parks lack ability to continue the evolutionary processes on its own, as a self-organizing system. Devall would like fifty per cent of the total land and water areas of the Earth to be designated as wilderness areas.
- 12 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 16 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 20 hours ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment