Deep inside us is an âecological selfâ according to Bill Devall, Sociology professor at Humboldt State University in California and author of Living Richly in an Age of Limits. He says that people need nature more than they have any idea, even a diminished landscape like a city park. They feel better when they are sitting under trees, but parks lack ability to continue the evolutionary processes on its own, as a self-organizing system. Devall would like fifty per cent of the total land and water areas of the Earth to be designated as wilderness areas.
- 17 hours ago - Holiday Lights, Organization and Insurances Have More in Common Than you Think! - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Emergency Services’ Heidi DiGennaro Named 2017 Line Supervisor of the Year in Maryland - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Public Schools Kicks Off 2018 Teacher of the Year Program - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health’s Lyle Sheldon Named to Inaugural Icon Honors List - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Tri-State Trophies - 0 Comment