Imagine yourself alone. Around you swirl happy people, smiling, shopping, planning festivities. You feel adrift, apart, cut off from your community. But then you discover a gift waiting for you. Something thoughtful or needed. But the giver is anonymous. Who reached out to you with this thoughtful gesture? Or imagine yourself late for work, harried, but you just have to drive through for a coffee to kick-start your day. The line inches along, but when you finally get up to the window you discover someone, a stranger, paid for your coffee. In both of these scenarios, your perspective is transformed. You look at the people around you with new eyes. Your gaze softens: somewhere in that mix is someone who made your day. Now, imagine that you have the power to make that difference for someone else. Today’s Spotlight on Anonymous Giving dives into the Daily Good archives to share stories of the transformational power of the anonymous gift.
- 2 days ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment