“Supplied with iPads, power tools, a 3-D printer, hot-glue guns, paint and buckets of marbles, buttons and other knick-knacks, the preteen participants [of this community “Maker Space” in Philadelphia] are given free rein to build what they please. To an outsider, it might seem the kids are just messing around, making arts and crafts from leftover junk. But for many of its young devotees, the program is a welcome change from the confines of a school day shaped by strict, rote learning and a respite from some of the hardships of life in an impoverished neighborhood.” Read on to learn more about this beautiful community project!
- 2 days ago - The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region Announces License to Give - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - HEALTH DEPARTMENT TOBACCO EDUCATION STAFF RECEIVES TOBACCO TREATMENT CERTIFICATION TO ENHANCE TREATMENT IN HARFORD COUNTY - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Bel Air Hair Salon Invited to style hair at NEW YORK FASHION WEEK! - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - $12,000, 12 Different Charities, 12 Days of Christmas Giving - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Picture of the Week for February 12, 2018 - 0 Comment