“Supplied with iPads, power tools, a 3-D printer, hot-glue guns, paint and buckets of marbles, buttons and other knick-knacks, the preteen participants [of this community “Maker Space” in Philadelphia] are given free rein to build what they please. To an outsider, it might seem the kids are just messing around, making arts and crafts from leftover junk. But for many of its young devotees, the program is a welcome change from the confines of a school day shaped by strict, rote learning and a respite from some of the hardships of life in an impoverished neighborhood.” Read on to learn more about this beautiful community project!
- 2 days ago - Harford County Offers Christmas Tree Safety Tips - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Greater Bel Air Community Foundation Raises More Than $60,000 at 16th Annual Golf Tournament - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - THE SECOND ANNUAL GREAT HAVRE DE GRACE OYSTER FEAST RAISES OVER $5,000 FOR LOCAL NONPROFITS - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Holiday Lights, Organization and Insurances Have More in Common Than you Think! - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Emergency Services’ Heidi DiGennaro Named 2017 Line Supervisor of the Year in Maryland - 0 Comment