An article in a local newspaper spurred Amy Murphy to ask a local fried chicken restaurant if she could have their leftovers at the end of the night. With the help of friends, the Chicken Lady sets up the equivalent of a pop-up restaurant every Monday to serve her homeless friends. Murphy does not consider what she does “feeding the homeless,” rather, it is serving friends. They are part of the same community — she is a part of their lives, and they are a part of hers.
- 1 hour ago - Registration Open for Harford County Mental Health & Safety Education Program; Free Wednesday Evening Classes Start Sept. 12 - 0 Comment
- 1 hour ago - Registration Now Open for Harford County’s Free “Prepare Because You Care” Emergency Preparedness Program on Tuesdays, Sept. 4 – 25 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment