“The poetry of W.H. Auden was among Oliver Sacks’s formative books. When the two men eventually became friends in the final years of Auden’s life, Dr. Sacks was still a thirty-something neurologist with little more than a weightlifting record under his belt, a long way from becoming the Dante of medicine. Auden became an invaluable mentor as the young writer was honing the singular voice that would later render him the greatest science-storyteller of our time.” Maria Popova shares more.
- 15 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 18 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment