“Finding your calling — it’s not passive,” [StoryCorps founder Dave Isay] says. “When people have found their calling, they’ve made tough decisions and sacrifices in order to do the work they were meant to do.”In other words, you don’t just “find” your calling — you have to fight for it. And it’s worth the fight. “People who’ve found their calling have a fire about them,” says Isay, the winner of the 2015 TED Prize. “They’re the people who are dying to get up in the morning and go do their work.” Read on as Isay shares 7 takeaways he has learned by studying people who have succeeded in the hard-won fight to find the work they love.
- 1 day ago - ‘Libraries Rock!’ With Animals During Summer Reading - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Former DEA Official Highlights Pharmaceutical Industry’s Role in the Opiate Epidemic at Harford County’s 14th Annual Drug Symposium - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - HOMERUNS FOR HEALTHY KIDS - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Reunites Family of Bel Air Toddler with Life-Saving County Employees - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Public Schools Receives Grant to Continue Full-day Prekindergarten at Three Elementary Schools - 0 Comment