“Finding your calling — it’s not passive,” [StoryCorps founder Dave Isay] says. “When people have found their calling, they’ve made tough decisions and sacrifices in order to do the work they were meant to do.”In other words, you don’t just “find” your calling — you have to fight for it. And it’s worth the fight. “People who’ve found their calling have a fire about them,” says Isay, the winner of the 2015 TED Prize. “They’re the people who are dying to get up in the morning and go do their work.” Read on as Isay shares 7 takeaways he has learned by studying people who have succeeded in the hard-won fight to find the work they love.
- 17 hours ago - Holiday Lights, Organization and Insurances Have More in Common Than you Think! - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Emergency Services’ Heidi DiGennaro Named 2017 Line Supervisor of the Year in Maryland - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Public Schools Kicks Off 2018 Teacher of the Year Program - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health’s Lyle Sheldon Named to Inaugural Icon Honors List - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Tri-State Trophies - 0 Comment