When discussing the legitimacy of her poetry, Sarah Kay answers, “I think my work, from a broad perspective — by this I mean my work as a writer, teacher, organizer, human — is about trying to invite people in and create spaces where people feel welcome and comfortable with poetry, but are still creatively challenged. When that’s happening, that feels like success to me.” This piece offers a lively discussion of the importance of poetry and authenticity, as well as links to Sarah Kay performing her powerful spoken poems.
- 2 days ago - “Sensory Trail” for Citizens with Differing Abilities Coming to Harford County’s Schucks Regional Park - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Are You Ready to Romance the Chrome? - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford and Cecil Counties Announces Harford County Youth of the Year 2018 Finalists - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Public Library Foundation Announces 2018 Gala Theme - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Annie’s Playground in Fallston to Close April 14 & 15 for John Carroll Students to Repaint Faded Artwork - 0 Comment