When discussing the legitimacy of her poetry, Sarah Kay answers, “I think my work, from a broad perspective — by this I mean my work as a writer, teacher, organizer, human — is about trying to invite people in and create spaces where people feel welcome and comfortable with poetry, but are still creatively challenged. When that’s happening, that feels like success to me.” This piece offers a lively discussion of the importance of poetry and authenticity, as well as links to Sarah Kay performing her powerful spoken poems.
- 20 hours ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment