After the Iceland government announced that it would accept just 50 Syrian refugees, Icelandic author Bryndis Bjorgvinsdottir launched a Facebook campaign spurring 12,000 people — 4% of the Icelandic population — to pledge to welcome Syrian refugees into their homes. Bryndis shares, “Refugees are our future spouses, best friends, our next soul mate, the drummer in our children’s band, our next colleague, Miss Iceland 2022, the carpenter who finally fixes our bathroom, the chef in the cafeteria, the fireman, the hacker and the television host.” Read on to learn more about this display of solidarity and love.
- 1 day ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment