After the Iceland government announced that it would accept just 50 Syrian refugees, Icelandic author Bryndis Bjorgvinsdottir launched a Facebook campaign spurring 12,000 people — 4% of the Icelandic population — to pledge to welcome Syrian refugees into their homes. Bryndis shares, “Refugees are our future spouses, best friends, our next soul mate, the drummer in our children’s band, our next colleague, Miss Iceland 2022, the carpenter who finally fixes our bathroom, the chef in the cafeteria, the fireman, the hacker and the television host.” Read on to learn more about this display of solidarity and love.
- 4 days ago - Choose Civility Harford County Announces Summer Events for All Ages - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Don’t You Just Love Fresh Produce - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Picture of the Week for July 9, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 7 days ago - University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health Named Title Sponsor of Susquehanna River Running Festival’s Half Marathon - 0 Comment
- 7 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – Ballyhoo! - 0 Comment