After the Iceland government announced that it would accept just 50 Syrian refugees, Icelandic author Bryndis Bjorgvinsdottir launched a Facebook campaign spurring 12,000 people — 4% of the Icelandic population — to pledge to welcome Syrian refugees into their homes. Bryndis shares, “Refugees are our future spouses, best friends, our next soul mate, the drummer in our children’s band, our next colleague, Miss Iceland 2022, the carpenter who finally fixes our bathroom, the chef in the cafeteria, the fireman, the hacker and the television host.” Read on to learn more about this display of solidarity and love.
- 10 hours ago - Ballet Chesapeake Presents “Cinderella” - 0 Comment
- 14 hours ago - The New Superfood To Spice Up Your ‘Moringa’ Smoothie - 0 Comment
- 15 hours ago - Three Harford County Public Schools Elementary Schools and One Middle School Earn Maryland Green School Recognition - 0 Comment
- 15 hours ago - “This Place Matters” - 0 Comment
- 16 hours ago - Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We All Scream for Ice Cream - 0 Comment