Harford County commemorated Business Appreciation Week, October 23 to October 27, acknowledging local businesses for their years of service. Throughout the week, the county coordinated several events to honor and celebrate the milestone achievements of local companies.
Leadership from Harford County government visited 19 local businesses, each celebrating significant years of service. During these visits, each company received a framed proclamation from County Executive Bob Cassilly recognizing their service to the community.
- Ad-Lin Enterprises – 25 years
- AlphaGraphics – 65 years
- Akehurst Landscaping – 30+ years
- Bonita Farm – 50 years
- Chesapeake Environmental Management – 30 years
- County Fireplace LLC – 25 years
- Ecotone – 25 years
- Flying K Farm – 25 years
- Gerety Insurance – 25 years
- Huskins Builders – 25 years
- Jordan Thomas Salon & Spa – 25 years
- Motel Edgewood – 25 years
- Nichols Senior Care – 50 years
- Quinns Hairstyling – 50 years
- Ralph B Ball Farm – 100 years
- Seidenberg-Protzko Eye Associates – 25 years
- Schlaich & Thompson, Chartered – 25 years
- Susquehanna Auto Clinic – 25 years
- Vagabond Sandwich Company – 10 years
In addition, the week’s events included ceremonies, such as the recognition of the Drone Center of Excellence designation at the Harford County Airport, attended by federal, state, and local representatives. The Office of Economic Development hosted a business park resource breakfast in Perryman and conducted a productive roundtable discussion on business services with the county’s municipalities.
To conclude the week’s festivities, many local businesses were honored at the Harford County Chamber of Commerce’s Harford Awards celebration and the Town of Bel Air’s Archer-Bull Awards, celebrating their achievements and contributions to the local economy.
“Local businesses are the lifeblood of our community, and we are thankful for the jobs, goods and services they provide citizens every day,” County Executive Cassilly said. “During Business Appreciation Week, we want them to know we are here to support and help them make it happen in Harford.”
To view photographs from Business Appreciation Week, visit the Harford County government website at www.harfordcountymd.gov/3515/News-Events.