The Highlands School, a K-8 independent school that educates students with learning differences and achievement gaps, will host an open house Friday, May 5th from 9-10:00 a.m.
During the open house, prospective families are invited to:
· Meet faculty and ask questions
· Learn about The Highlands School’s unique curriculum
· See students in action in the classroom
· Receive information about admissions
· Learn about The Highlands School’s approach to reading instruction
· Hear about the types of students who succeed at The Highlands School and continue on to premier high schools and colleges
· And more
“We look forward to opening our doors to prospective families to experience our unique curriculum and environment firsthand,” said Claudia Nachtigal, Head of School. “Our individualized approach is one of many things that set us apart and seeing our students and staff in action is the best way to experience the ‘Highlands Way.”’
The Highlands School’s program is built around individualized and multisensory learning techniques. Students receive the individualized attention they need and spend half their day in small classes of 2-4 students. Large group classes have a maximum of 12 students.
To register for the open house visit: https://www.highlandsschool.net/open-house-registration/.
About The Highlands School
The Highlands School is an AIMS-accredited school that specializes in educating students with learning differences and achievement gaps. Founded in 1996, The Highlands School was originally located in Street, Maryland. In 2007, The Highlands School moved to a beautiful 18-acre campus in Bel Air, Maryland that was once home to the Preakness-winning racehorse Deputed Testamony.