Congratulations To Our Non-Profit Of The Week
Humane Society of Harford County
This week we are proud to feature Humane Society of Harford County as our Non-Profit of the Week.
From the website of Humane Society of Harford County:
The Humane Society of Harford County promotes the humane treatment of homeless, stray and abandoned animals by providing shelter, care, adoptions and community education.
Our vision is to end pet overpopulation and to advocate and educate for the humane treatment of animals.
- The Humane Society is an open-admission shelter. We accept every Harford County animal that is brought through our doors, if we cannot help the pet stay in it’s home.
- We give the animals the food, shelter, warmth, medical care and loving attention they desperately need.
- We subscribe to the Five Freedoms: freedom from hunger or thirst; freedom from discomfort; freedom from pain, injury or disease; freedom to express normal behavior; and freedom from fear and distress.
- Although we are not part of the Harford County government or the Humane Society of the US, we do act as the County’s sole facility for the care and treatment of animals. This means that animals found as strays, or seized by animal control, come to our shelter to be cared for and rehabilitated if possible.
- We are an independent nonprofit organization, and rely on the charitable support of friends like you to enable us to continue our lifesaving work.
- We value every animal entrusted to our care.
- We value our employees, who give so much in caring for our animals.
- We value our volunteers, fosters and supporters, who generously contribute their time, talents and resources to support our mission.
- We value our role in the community, and are always striving to improve the way animals and humans are treated.
We would also like to congratulate Humane Society of Harford County on winning the 2021 Harford County Living Choice Award for Favorite Local Charity/Nonprofit.
About our Features of the Week:
One of our goals is to help raise awareness for several different causes, diseases, and more. Each week we feature a Non-Profit of the Week for you, so please visit these organizations and share their information. Your organization may be the Harford County Living Non-Profit of the Week in the future.
Organizations love free advertising, and this is one way to get it. We have over 19,000 Social Media Followers and millions of hits to our website, so why not take advantage and reach them. Several of them also come on the podcast to talk about their charity, and why wouldn’t they? It’s free to come on and has over 500,000 downloads.
If you would like to be featured or nominate an organization as the Non-Profit of the Week, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a questionnaire will be sent to you.