New Amenities Coming Early Summer
The Grove at Harford, the county’s agribusiness incubator in Street, will reopen for the year on Saturday, April 2 at 10 a.m. Citizens will have the chance to shop local from vendors featuring a range of locally-sourced products, from meats to sweets to decorative items.
The Grove, at 3519 Conowingo Road, will be open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., April through December, except on holidays.
Returning this year are the monthly Fourth Friday events, with live music and local food and craft beverage trucks from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Friday of every month, April through September. Two larger events are also planned – a Cowboy Country Festival on July 16 and a Harvest Festival on October 15.
All events at the Grove are family friendly, and by early summer, the Grove’s new walking trails and playground will be open for everyone to enjoy.
The Grove is a county-owned site where local farmers and artisans can sell their handcrafted and homegrown goods to the community. Vendors include:
- Cherry’s Chocolate Studio – delicious and beautiful chocolate creations
- Highview Farms – wide variety of fresh meats
- Honey’s Dream Hobby Farm – homemade jams, jellies, sauces and pickles
- S&N Creations – unique faux floral arrangements
- Southern Charm Candle Company – hand-poured candles using essential oils and featuring seasonal scents
- Stratford Custom Design – intricate and sturdy wood creations
- Three Oaks Farm – handcrafted products using alpaca wool from the animals on the farm
“We’re excited for a new season at The Grove, where shoppers can find unique items and show their support for our family farms,” County Executive Barry Glassman said. “I encourage everyone to stop by often and remember to ‘buy local’ in Harford County.”