40 Ideas To Spread Kindness
It’s National Random Act of Kindness Day! Here are 40 ideas you can choose from to feel good and spread cheer, love and kindness!
Challenge yourself to do as many as you can. Choose a number 1-40 and do that. Ask your children to circle a few numbers and do them together as a family. However you choose to use this list, have fun and enjoy that random act of kindness!
1. Text a friend something you love about them
2. Call a family member to check in
3. Leave a thank you card or a treat in the mailbox for your mail carrier
4. Pay toll for the person behind you
5. Buy coffee for the person behind you
6. Smile at someone and bring joy to their day
7. Send Thank You cards to nurses
8. Leave kindness rocks on a trail
9. Email a teacher, former boss or someone who had an impact on you in your earlier years
10. Give away things for free in a local Facebook group
11. Return shopping carts that you see laying around the parking lot
12. Write a positive review for a small business
13. Leave a generous tip at a restaurant
14. Write a love letter to your partner
15. Take flowers to a nursing home
16. Leave a friend a gift on their front door step
17. Leave a treat for the delivery man
18. Surprise a neighbor with sweet treats!
19. Leave unused coupons at their corresponding spot
20. Give someone a hug
21. Hold the door open for someone
22. Offer to babysit for free
23. Post an encouraging quote on your social media
24. Message 10 people on social media how much you think they’re awesome!
25. Let someone else take the prime parking spot
26. Put coins in an expired parking meter
27. Ask to help someone who needs to load their car with groceries
28. Learn CPR or First Aid
29. Keep an extra umbrella in your car to give someone when it rains
30. Shovel snow for a neighbor
31. Shop local
32. Bring treats to your local fire station
33. Donate a sick day to a colleague going through a difficult time
34. Bring treats for your co-workers
35. Look in the mirror and say 3 nice things about yourself
36. Share a small business post
37. Give a genuine compliment to someone
38. Share this list of random acts of kindness and host a challenge on who can do the most!
39. Offer to run an errand for someone
40. Slow down so someone can merge first on the road
Would love to see what you’re doing today (and everyday!). Tag me on Facebook or Instagram. For more details about this article, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Julia Chang is a health and fitness coach, motivator, and Taekwondo master. She currently runs health and fitness challenges and online motivation bootcamps.