With the 2018-19 school year well underway, Harford County Public Schools (HCPS) invites its students, parents, and community stakeholders to connect with the school system to stay in the know about important initiatives, announcements, events, dates, and more.
Here are the top 10 ways:
- Visit the HCPS website (www.hcps.org) for headline news from the schools, emergency announcements, and general information about the school system.
- Create a Parent Portal account for the Blackboard Connect5 communication system and enter email address(es) and additional phone numbers to receive calls, emails, and text messages from your child’s school and from the school system. Click the icon from the homepage of hcps.org.
- Visit your child’s school webpage, accessible from hcps.org, for school-specific messages, upcoming dates, and a link to the Home Access Center to check your child’s grades and progress throughout the year.
- Watch Board of Education meetings and other special meetings live-streamed and archived online at http://www.hcps.org/boe/livestream/.
- Watch Harford Cable Network on Comcast channel 21, Verizon channel 31, or Armstrong channel 7 for KidsTVNews segments on HCPS, high school sporting events, special interviews with school system leaders, and special events, like Teacher of the Year.
- Follow HCPS on Facebook (@HCPSchools).
- Follow HCPS on Twitter (@HCPSchools).
- Follow HCPS on Instagram (@HCPS_schools).
- Watch videos on the HCPS YouTube page (@HCPSchools).
Hear directly from HCPS Superintendent Sean Bulson as he shares the findings from his Listen and Learn Tour, celebrates the achievements of HCPS, and discusses the future of the school system at his culminating Tour event on Monday, October 29, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Harford Technical High School. Those planning to attend the event should pre-register, as seating is limited: http://ow.ly/loV330lHmqW. If childcare is needed, registrants should email Communications@hcps.org with their name and their child’s name(s) and age(s) to reserve a spot.