As you know, one of our goals is to help local businesses in Harford County grow. Each week we will feature a Business of the Week on our website, so please visit these businesses and share their information.
This week we are proud to feature Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce. Here’s some information about Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce taken from their website at http://www.aberdeencc.com/.
About Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce:
The Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to advance the civic, commercial and industrial and agricultural interests of the city of Aberdeen, Maryland. “Our strength lies within our members and we can only be successful if we join forces to achieve the goals of the entire group.”
Our goal is to promote the general welfare of the city and its subdivisions.
The Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce was organized at the same time that Aberdeen Proving Ground became a part of the Aberdeen Community.
In 1989 the Chamber was reactivated under a new charter. There have been a wide variety of presidents and 3 past presidents are still on our board today.
“Proud yesterday, Progressive tomorrow”
All-America City 1997
In 1997 the City of Aberdeen, was recognized by the National Civic League, sponsored by the Allstate Foundation, as one of only 10 US communities to be awarded the prestigious All American City Award.
Since 1949 the Award has honored communities of all sizes for extraordinary civic accomplishments made possible by the cooperative efforts of business, government, volunteers and citizens of a community.
Benefits of Joining the Chamber
Our membership continues to grow and develop as we seek new adventures, expansions and new ways of working. Come be part of our organization making your business and our community prosperous and strong.
- Business listed on web site by name and by function
- Business listed in Annual Directory
- FREE internet link to your home page
- Marketing exposure to all who visit our site
- First referral to business inquires
- Availability to electronic membership lists at no charge
- Networking at meetings and events
- Opportunity to make changes through committee involvement
- Office staff to aid members
- Community support through Chamber activities
- Guest speakers sharing their experiences and knowledge
- Low cost for high marketing visibility