Firefighters Save Cat From Fire

Photo from Joppa-Magnolia VFC Facebook Page
Photo from Joppa-Magnolia VFC Facebook Page


Joppatowne – Just after 3:00 PM on May 8, 2015, Firefighters with Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company (JMVFC) responded to a townhouse fire on Plaza Circle in Joppatowne. Other units responded and the fire, which was caused by an electrical malfunction of a desktop computer, was brought under control.

While performing search and rescue operations, the firefighters found the cat in the townhouse. They rescued the cat from the home and turned it over to Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company (JMVFC) Paramedics for treatment. Using a special animal oxygen mask, carried by the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company (JMVFC), the cat was provided oxygen and its condition was stabilized.

No one was home at the time and the only injury was to the cat which was taken to a veterinary hospital for a check-up.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.