Harford Family House invites the community to participate in the 6th Annual
“Celebree Presents Harford’s Most Beautiful Baby” contest.
[Bel Air, MD] April 1, 2015— Harford Family House, the largest provider of transitional housing for homeless families in Harford County, invites the community to cast their vote for this year’s Harford’s Most Beautiful Baby for the sixth annual “Celebree Presents Harford’s Most Beautiful Baby” contest. Registration for the contest continues through April 12, and online voting will take place April 15-30 to select contest finalists. The contest winner will be selected from the group of finalists and announced at a live event on Saturday, May 9 at Celebree Learning Center located at 2312 Belair Rd. in Fallston.
To participate, babies will be accepted in two separate categories, Infants and Toddlers. The winner of each category will receive a generous prize package and qualify for the grand prize of a full year of pre-school courtesy of Celebree Learning Centers valued at $9,000, along with a $1,000 cash prize courtesy of APGFCU and other gift certificates. A generous prize package will be awarded to the runner-up of the Beautiful Baby contest as well.
Starting on April 15, the community will be able to vote for the baby they would like to see crowned as Harford’s Most Beautiful Baby. Voting will be once per IP address per day until voting closes on April 30. The 10 entrants with the most votes in the Infant Category (born between June, 2014 and April 2015) and the Toddler Category (born between June, 2013 and May, 2014) will advance to the final stage. A winner in each category will be selected live by our contest judges. The winning Infant and winning Toddler will then be judged to determine the Grand Prize winner.
The live event will also feature family-friendly entertainment throughout the day, as well as look-alike contests for Mothers/Daughters, Fathers/Sons and Parent/Child, and the always-popular Baby Crawl race with valuable prize packages for each category. New this year, participants in the Beautiful Baby and look-alike contests must pre-register by April 12, 2015 on the website at www.harfordbaby.org. Baby Crawl racers can either pre-register or sign up the day of the event.
This year’s event will also feature new activities including a “Where Are They Now?” feature to check in on past Beautiful Baby winners and their mothers, plus a “Makeover Mom” Facebook contest, hosted in tandem with the Beautiful Baby event by Merle Norman Make-up & Salon, NVS Salon, Dr. Horowitz and Harford Style magazine. The “Makeover Mom” contest offers a spa package as the top prize.
“All of the contests associated with the Harford’s Most Beautiful Baby Contest are a fun way to raise money for and awareness of Harford Family House’s vital role in our region,” says Harford Family House Executive Director Joyce Duffy. “Harford Family House fills a critical need in our county: providing homeless families in need with transitional housing that allows them to remain together, safe and allows time and provides resources to help them plan for a better future.”
HOW TO REGISTER
- Babies participating in the Beautiful Baby Contest will be accepted in two separate categories: Infants (born between June 1, 2014-April 12, 2015) and Toddlers (born between June 1, 2013-May 31, 2014).
- Parents must submit a non-professional photograph of their infant or toddler, or a photo of the parent with the child for the look-a-like events, and a $25 entry fee between March 1-April 12, 2015. Entries can be submitted:
- Online at harfordbaby.org
- In person: bring photo, entry form and check made payable to Harford Family House to any Harford County Celebree Learning Center
- By mail: Send photo, entry form and check made payable to Harford Family House to Harford Family House, 53 E. Bel Air Avenue, Suite 3, Aberdeen, MD, 21001.
- In person and mailed entries must be received by April 10th.
- No entries will be accepted after April 12th except for the Baby Crawl.
HOW TO VOTE
- Voting for the Most Beautiful Baby finalists will take place online from April 15 – 30 at harfordbaby.org. The top 10 vote recipients in the Infant category and top 10 vote recipients in the Toddler category of the Beautiful Baby Contest, and the top 5 entrants for each look-a-like contest will then compete at the live event at the Fallston Celebree Learning Center on May 9. Finalists must be available to attend the live event.
- A group of judges, including: Tammy Ehrbaker, NVS Salon; Dr. Jeffrey Horowitz, plastic surgeon; Lance Hersh, Saxon’s Diamond Centers, Stathis Kotanidis, Pat’s Pizza; and Deb McCollum, Jones Junction will name the Beautiful Baby contest winner the day of the event.
- Judges for the other contests will be selected from event sponsors and include: Bill Siegmund of Mars, Barbara Brenner of Shoprite, Jaclyn Molino of My Gym, Jeff Harrison of WSI Web Specialists and Sharon Perfetti of the Stories Between.
The Beautiful Baby event’s success relies entirely on support from local businesses. In addition to title sponsor Celebree Learning Centers, other sponsors of the 2015 contest include Jones Junction, Rosedale Federal, APGFCU, Harford Mutual, Mars Supermarket, Beacon Staffing, Harford Financial Group, My Gym, WSI Web Specialist, Saxon’s Diamond Center, Jeffrey Horowitz, MD – Plastic Surgery, NVS Salon, Pat’s Pizza, Chesapeake Employer Insurance, Bel Air Pediatric Dentistry, Animal Emergency Hospital, Primerica, Susquehanna Spine & Rehab, Silky Wason, Realtor, Bel Air Orthodontics, Movement Mortgage, Harford Mall, WXCY, WAMD, Harford Style Magazine, Elegant Living, Harford County Living, Anni Oh Photography, The Stories Between and the Bel Air Athletic Club.
A complete list of the prizes is listed at http://www.harfordbaby.org/contests/harfords-most-beautiful-baby-contest/harfords-most-beautiful-baby-prizes
About Harford Family House (http://www.harfordfamilyhouse.org/)
Harford Family House is the largest provider of transitional housing for homeless families with children in Harford County, and has been helping families in need for more than a quarter century. Other programs include Emergency Shelter for families and HUD Supportive Housing for homeless families where one of the family members has a disability. Clients are provided with a fully furnished apartment or house and receive case management services and referrals to partner agencies to move them from homelessness and hopelessness to hope and independence.
About Celebree (http://www.celebree.com/)
Celebree Learning Centers, headquartered in Lutherville, Maryland, is a leader in quality child care, with the mission to protect, educate and nurture children from ages six weeks through school age and is comprised of 23 community-based centers throughout Maryland and Delaware. Celebree was established by Richard Huffman in 1994 with the goal to provide communities in need with high quality child care and preschool services. Currently Celebree serves the families of more than 2,200 children and employs over 600 teachers and support professionals.