In Tanzania, East Africa, a baby rescue center called Neema Village has saved over 100 abandoned, orphaned, and at-risk infants in just 5 years. The list is long of places the infants have been found — by the roadside, in a yard, a gravel pit, a hotel, a latrine… Mostly they are the babies of mothers who have died or were unable to care for them. Doris Fortson, co-founder of Neema Village says, “My husband and I were moved to do something about it for many reasons, including that we were retired and that I had been raised in an orphanage from age four to 18.” “You’re never too old to make a difference,” she adds.
- 9 hours ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 14 hours ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment