“Jeong Kwan is a Buddhist nun and renowned cook who brings people home to themselves in her kitchen and garden. Anyone who refers to her garden as my playground and to the plants as her children has a perspective on gardening, cooking and life that resonates deep within me. Kwan resides at the Chunjinam hermitage of the Baekyangsa temple, 169 miles south of Seoul, South Korea where she cooks vegan meals for her community. She was also the unlikely guest on Chefs Table in February 2017.” In this beguiling piece a writer reflects on the intersection between her life and the rich teachings of Jeong Kwan’s approach to the garden, the kitchen and more.
- 1 day ago - Stopping the Opioid Addiction by Raising Awareness in the Community - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - APGFCU Member Awarded CU Foundation Scholarship - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Glassman Administration Awards $1.5 Million in FY19 to Nonprofits Promoting Harford County Tourism - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health, Claire Marie Foundation Host Adolescent Melanoma Screening Event - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Picture Yourself Enjoying Harford Streams Summer Adventure - 0 Comment