Jeroo Billimoria isn’t one to see a person in need and hope that someone else will take action. She is a social entrepreneur who responds by getting involved in big and small ways. She became a social activist many years ago at the age of 11 when she encouraged her neighbors to open bank accounts and become financially literate. She wanted to enable their freedom from poverty. In recent years, Jeroo began helping the homeless children of Mumbai by giving them her phone number to call in emergencies. Children were soon calling every night, and their lives were changed. She eventually created an organization of trained street children to help their peers, and this became Childline.org. It is now working to help children all over the world in 143 countries. Learn more about how Jeroo continues her efforts to help and inspire others.
- 4 days ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment