Jeroo Billimoria isn’t one to see a person in need and hope that someone else will take action. She is a social entrepreneur who responds by getting involved in big and small ways. She became a social activist many years ago at the age of 11 when she encouraged her neighbors to open bank accounts and become financially literate. She wanted to enable their freedom from poverty. In recent years, Jeroo began helping the homeless children of Mumbai by giving them her phone number to call in emergencies. Children were soon calling every night, and their lives were changed. She eventually created an organization of trained street children to help their peers, and this became Childline.org. It is now working to help children all over the world in 143 countries. Learn more about how Jeroo continues her efforts to help and inspire others.
- 2 hours ago - SARC receives $10,900 from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention to help spread awareness - 0 Comment
- 24 hours ago - Harford County Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with 700 Hours of Volunteer Service - 0 Comment
- 24 hours ago - Harford County Expo for Transitioning Youth Connects Hundreds of Local Families to Resources for Teens and Young Adults with Differing Abilities - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Executive Glassman Recommends FY 19 Budget With No Tax Increases, Record Investments in Public Safety, Education, Libraries - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - UMBC vs. University of Delaware at “Kicks for Chase” - 0 Comment