Since 1997, Maya Pedal has been focused on sustainable development in Guatemala. Locals were handed control in 2001. Recycling bicycles from the USA and Canada to create Bicimaquinas or pedal-powered machines is one of the ways the organization benefits the developing nation. But it wasn’t always easy. In this video, director Mario Juarez shares how the program kept getting rejected, while also demonstrating the perseverance it took to create a positive impact.
- 2 days ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment