It began with a single tomato. Watching her own home-grown plant take form before her eyes, and tasting for herself the deliciousness, Karen Washington dove into gardening as more than just a hobby — it became her calling. Deemed as ‘the queen of urban farming’, Washington is a change maker and urban revolutionist —greening the streets of New York City’s poorest areas one abandoned lot at a time. Her first community project, ‘The Garden of Happiness’ aimed to beautify these forgotten spaces, though her mission has now evolved into food creation to feed both the mind’s and body’s of those in need.
- 8 hours ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 9 hours ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 9 hours ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment