It began with a single tomato. Watching her own home-grown plant take form before her eyes, and tasting for herself the deliciousness, Karen Washington dove into gardening as more than just a hobby — it became her calling. Deemed as ‘the queen of urban farming’, Washington is a change maker and urban revolutionist —greening the streets of New York City’s poorest areas one abandoned lot at a time. Her first community project, ‘The Garden of Happiness’ aimed to beautify these forgotten spaces, though her mission has now evolved into food creation to feed both the mind’s and body’s of those in need.
- 3 hours ago - The New Superfood To Spice Up Your ‘Moringa’ Smoothie - 0 Comment
- 4 hours ago - Three Harford County Public Schools Elementary Schools and One Middle School Earn Maryland Green School Recognition - 0 Comment
- 4 hours ago - “This Place Matters” - 0 Comment
- 5 hours ago - Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We All Scream for Ice Cream - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Public Library Foundation Elects Three New Board Members - 0 Comment