It began with a single tomato. Watching her own home-grown plant take form before her eyes, and tasting for herself the deliciousness, Karen Washington dove into gardening as more than just a hobby — it became her calling. Deemed as ‘the queen of urban farming’, Washington is a change maker and urban revolutionist —greening the streets of New York City’s poorest areas one abandoned lot at a time. Her first community project, ‘The Garden of Happiness’ aimed to beautify these forgotten spaces, though her mission has now evolved into food creation to feed both the mind’s and body’s of those in need.
- 1 day ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment