In the fall of 1978, Parker Palmer gave a lecture to a small literature class. Word-of-mouth landed him a book deal and 26 years later, he has published multiple books on a range of topics that he describes as ‘curious musings’ on his many interests. Since his first publication ‘The Promise of Paradox’, he continues to write, fueled by his love of words. For budding authors and word enthusiasts, he offers insight based on his own experience. Rather than offering conventional ‘how-to’s for the publishing world, Palmer believes that the best source of guidance is our own inner guide. He reminds us to write to express, rather than impress. Palmer explains the importance of maintaining a beginner’s mind in the writing process.
- 1 day ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment