Mansoor Shams is a 34 year old U.S. Marine. He’s also a Muslim whose family immigrated to America when he was just 6-years-old. In “Ask Him Anything: This Muslim Marine Wants to Bust Myths About His Faith” from PBS News Hour, Shams travels to 4 western U.S. cities to combat prejudice and open up a dialogue about the fears and prejudices people may have about Muslims and immigrants, often finding common ground with those who stop to talk to him. The xenophobia that has come to the forefront since the US election inspired him to do something to breakdown stereotypes, “It’s helped me to see another America that I thought we had gone far past,” he explains.
- 16 hours ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 17 hours ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Welcome One Emergency Shelter - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – APGFCU - 0 Comment