Mansoor Shams is a 34 year old U.S. Marine. He’s also a Muslim whose family immigrated to America when he was just 6-years-old. In “Ask Him Anything: This Muslim Marine Wants to Bust Myths About His Faith” from PBS News Hour, Shams travels to 4 western U.S. cities to combat prejudice and open up a dialogue about the fears and prejudices people may have about Muslims and immigrants, often finding common ground with those who stop to talk to him. The xenophobia that has come to the forefront since the US election inspired him to do something to breakdown stereotypes, “It’s helped me to see another America that I thought we had gone far past,” he explains.
- 2 days ago - ‘Libraries Rock!’ With Animals During Summer Reading - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Former DEA Official Highlights Pharmaceutical Industry’s Role in the Opiate Epidemic at Harford County’s 14th Annual Drug Symposium - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - HOMERUNS FOR HEALTHY KIDS - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Reunites Family of Bel Air Toddler with Life-Saving County Employees - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Public Schools Receives Grant to Continue Full-day Prekindergarten at Three Elementary Schools - 0 Comment