After his retirement, educational entrepreneur Shai Reshef felt nagging questions: “What if everyone could go to university? What if education was a human right?” He “set about bringing together volunteer tutors, low-tech open-source software and the internet to create the world’s first tuition-free online, accredited university….Today University of the People (UoPeople) has enrolled students from 160 countries, including Vietnam, Sudan, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Haiti, and features widespread support and volunteering from blue-chip institutions such as Yale University, Oxford University, New York University, The Gates Foundation and the Carnegie Corporation. UoPeople even has 1.2 million followers on Facebook, ranking it the second most followed university, just behind Harvard. Reshef is now taking the first steps to bringing US-accredited degrees to the masses.” He has no plans to stop until all the people are served.
- 2 days ago - What is Your Favorite Local Consignment Shop? - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Public Library Foundation Raises More Than $100,000 at Annual Gala - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - CITY OF HAVRE DE GRACE LIGHTS DOWNTOWN DISTRICT BLUE IN HONOR OF FALLEN BALTIMORE CITY POLICE DETECTIVE SEAN SUITER - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Maryland Public Health Groups Mark American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout by Urging Lawmakers to Raise Maryland’s Tobacco Sales Age to 21 - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Launches “Harford Has It: Buy In” Campaign to Encourage Job Creation, Economic Growth - 0 Comment