After his retirement, educational entrepreneur Shai Reshef felt nagging questions: “What if everyone could go to university? What if education was a human right?” He “set about bringing together volunteer tutors, low-tech open-source software and the internet to create the world’s first tuition-free online, accredited university….Today University of the People (UoPeople) has enrolled students from 160 countries, including Vietnam, Sudan, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Haiti, and features widespread support and volunteering from blue-chip institutions such as Yale University, Oxford University, New York University, The Gates Foundation and the Carnegie Corporation. UoPeople even has 1.2 million followers on Facebook, ranking it the second most followed university, just behind Harvard. Reshef is now taking the first steps to bringing US-accredited degrees to the masses.” He has no plans to stop until all the people are served.
- 2 days ago - SARC receives $10,900 from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention to help spread awareness - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with 700 Hours of Volunteer Service - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Expo for Transitioning Youth Connects Hundreds of Local Families to Resources for Teens and Young Adults with Differing Abilities - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Glassman Recommends FY 19 Budget With No Tax Increases, Record Investments in Public Safety, Education, Libraries - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - UMBC vs. University of Delaware at “Kicks for Chase” - 0 Comment