“While having trouble transitioning to high school in 2011, my mom placed a big bowl of quotes on my desk to pick from every morning. I grudgingly agreed, but as time went on I realized what a gift this tool truly was. Taping the words of wisdom across my walls and carrying my favorites inside my phone case, I truly believed that each quote I picked was something that I was meant to hear. Later, when I was at costume crew, a friend opened the back of my phone case to see why it was so bulky, and hundreds of my little paper slips floated out. To my surprise, the reaction wasn’t confusion, but sincere interest! After seeing how many people were excited about these daily quotes, together my mom and I packaged a month’s worth into small jars. Requests came pouring in from friends, neighbors, and soon people all over the US.” In celebration of the International Day of Happiness watch this beautiful short video on Meredith’s Joy Jars.
- 2 days ago - What is Your Favorite Local Consignment Shop? - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Public Library Foundation Raises More Than $100,000 at Annual Gala - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - CITY OF HAVRE DE GRACE LIGHTS DOWNTOWN DISTRICT BLUE IN HONOR OF FALLEN BALTIMORE CITY POLICE DETECTIVE SEAN SUITER - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Maryland Public Health Groups Mark American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout by Urging Lawmakers to Raise Maryland’s Tobacco Sales Age to 21 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Launches “Harford Has It: Buy In” Campaign to Encourage Job Creation, Economic Growth - 0 Comment