“Dr. James Doty is the founder and the director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE) at the Stanford University School of Medicine of which the Dalai Lama is the founding benefactor. He also happens to be a professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at Stanford and the New York Times bestselling author of Into the Magic Shop: A Neurosurgeons Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart that has been translated into 22 languages. Dr. Doty also is an inventor with multiple patents and is a well-known entrepreneur who at one-time was the CEO of Accuray, a company that went public in 2007 with a valuation of $1.3B. Amazingly, having lost essentially every penny he had in the dot com bust, he gave all the stock he had in Accuray away to live up to charitable commitments. He ultimately gave over $30M to charity when he was effectively bankrupt.” Doty shares more from his fascinating journey in this in-depth interview.
- 2 days ago - Harford County Offers Christmas Tree Safety Tips - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Greater Bel Air Community Foundation Raises More Than $60,000 at 16th Annual Golf Tournament - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - THE SECOND ANNUAL GREAT HAVRE DE GRACE OYSTER FEAST RAISES OVER $5,000 FOR LOCAL NONPROFITS - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Holiday Lights, Organization and Insurances Have More in Common Than you Think! - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Emergency Services’ Heidi DiGennaro Named 2017 Line Supervisor of the Year in Maryland - 0 Comment