“For months, the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota has become ground for resistance against the construction of a crude-oil pipeline that desecrated sacred burial and prayer sites and threatens the water supply of the surrounding Native American community. The growing encampment of water protectors at Standing Rock has drawn supporters from across the United States amid escalating tensions with authorities.” On Sunday, December 4th the federal administration announced it would block the permit for the pipeline, signaling a victory for the countless people who stood together in solidarity on behalf of the Earth. Earlier this year Filmmaker Shannon Kring headed to Standing Rock with an idea for a documentary — and left with a powerful vision of female strength.
- 17 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 20 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment