“Moving the Giants” tells the story of arborist David Milarch. In 1991, Milarch had a near death experience that inspired a radical restructuring of his life with a goal to harness the incredible life force of redwood trees to generate healing and change. His efforts among the redwoods serve two purposes: First, as the planet warms and conditions for these redwoods change in their southernmost range, it is likely that many of these trees will die. By cloning and replanting them further north in places where they once thrived but have been clearcut, Milarch will preserve these majestic giants. Second, redwood trees are among the most effective carbon sequestration agents in the world. By planting these seedlings, Milarch takes part in a global effort to use one of natures most impressive achievements to chart a positive course for humanity.
- 9 hours ago - It’s Here! Time to Cast your Votes - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County to Offer Free “Stop the Bleed” Life-Saving Training March 29 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - “Sensory Trail” for Citizens with Differing Abilities Coming to Harford County’s Schucks Regional Park - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Are You Ready to Romance the Chrome? - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford and Cecil Counties Announces Harford County Youth of the Year 2018 Finalists - 0 Comment