Does doing what is right require strenuous effort to resist the alluring temptations of vice — to resist selfish impulses and push yourself to do what moral duty prescribes? Is virtue hard work or could it become a habit — that is, a relatively effortless, automatic tendency to do what is morally right, with a minimum of inner struggle? The answer to this question, crucial for understanding and improving the moral level of humanity, is emerging from scientific research on willpower.
- 10 hours ago - Registration Open for Harford County Mental Health & Safety Education Program; Free Wednesday Evening Classes Start Sept. 12 - 0 Comment
- 10 hours ago - Registration Now Open for Harford County’s Free “Prepare Because You Care” Emergency Preparedness Program on Tuesdays, Sept. 4 – 25 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment