Sometimes transformation can be facilitated not by knowledge, but the lack of knowledge. In this novel and intriguing TED talk, Pico Iyer discusses the flip side of knowledge on the self-discovery coin. “The opposite of knowledge … isn’t always ignorance. It can be wonder. Or mystery. Possibility. And in my life, I’ve found it’s the things I don’t know that have lifted me up and pushed me forwards much more than the things I do know. It’s also the things I don’t know that have often brought me closer to everybody around me.” Instead of striving to become settled, he argues, we should venture forth into the unknown, which is fertile ground for many of life’s most rewarding experiences. While knowledge might be useful, what we don’t know can be equally valuable — and actually quite beautiful.
- 3 hours ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment