Sometimes transformation can be facilitated not by knowledge, but the lack of knowledge. In this novel and intriguing TED talk, Pico Iyer discusses the flip side of knowledge on the self-discovery coin. “The opposite of knowledge … isn’t always ignorance. It can be wonder. Or mystery. Possibility. And in my life, I’ve found it’s the things I don’t know that have lifted me up and pushed me forwards much more than the things I do know. It’s also the things I don’t know that have often brought me closer to everybody around me.” Instead of striving to become settled, he argues, we should venture forth into the unknown, which is fertile ground for many of life’s most rewarding experiences. While knowledge might be useful, what we don’t know can be equally valuable — and actually quite beautiful.
- 3 hours ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 3 hours ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Spot DIY Scams in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Picture of the Week for July 16, 2018 - 0 Comment