“”While I was at Facebook, I came up with an idea to solve a problem. Here was the problem. Lets say, I posted this awesome photo. Five or ten people might comment, and I’d feel great…But I soon noticed that people who didn’t have something new or clever to say, might not say anything at all. They’d come up to me in the hallway and tell me they liked something I’d shared. WAIT A MINUTE. How much more validation might I be missing out on?! I proposed the idea of the Awesome Button. It would live on every status update, every note, every photo, every link, so if you liked something, you could click it without having to think of something to say… We worked on this project for 9 months before getting it exactly right, eventually launching, the Facebook Like Button. As of August this year, there have been 1.13 trillion instances of Facebook Like. …As Elizabeth Gilbert said in her Ted talk, ‘Its exceedingly likely that my greatest success is behind me.’ So what do I do now?” Artist, author and creator of the Like button, Leah Pearlman shares more.
- 12 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 16 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 20 hours ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment