“”While I was at Facebook, I came up with an idea to solve a problem. Here was the problem. Lets say, I posted this awesome photo. Five or ten people might comment, and I’d feel great…But I soon noticed that people who didn’t have something new or clever to say, might not say anything at all. They’d come up to me in the hallway and tell me they liked something I’d shared. WAIT A MINUTE. How much more validation might I be missing out on?! I proposed the idea of the Awesome Button. It would live on every status update, every note, every photo, every link, so if you liked something, you could click it without having to think of something to say… We worked on this project for 9 months before getting it exactly right, eventually launching, the Facebook Like Button. As of August this year, there have been 1.13 trillion instances of Facebook Like. …As Elizabeth Gilbert said in her Ted talk, ‘Its exceedingly likely that my greatest success is behind me.’ So what do I do now?” Artist, author and creator of the Like button, Leah Pearlman shares more.
- 2 days ago - Havre de Grace Elementary School’s Thomas Dennison Jr. Named 2018 Lowell Milken Center Fellow - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Jones Junction Auto Dealership Group Now the Premier Sponsor of Bel Air Independence Day Celebration - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – DeAunte Wesley Printup - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Best Friends in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Pleasantville Animal Hospital of Fallston - 0 Comment