“Supplied with iPads, power tools, a 3-D printer, hot-glue guns, paint and buckets of marbles, buttons and other knick-knacks, the preteen participants [of this community “Maker Space” in Philadelphia] are given free rein to build what they please. To an outsider, it might seem the kids are just messing around, making arts and crafts from leftover junk. But for many of its young devotees, the program is a welcome change from the confines of a school day shaped by strict, rote learning and a respite from some of the hardships of life in an impoverished neighborhood.” Read on to learn more about this beautiful community project!
- 21 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 24 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment