“Love Rounds” are done at the Loma Linda hospital once a week. “This unique idea was started by Dr. Wil Alexander, PhD, who is currently 94 years old and still teaching and lecturing within the family medicine department. He is not a physician — he is a minister and professor of religion at Loma Linda University, and brings an important non-medical perspective to the way we learned to look at patients, which I value to this day.” In this heart-warming essay, Dr. Turya Nair reflects on the inspiring time she spent at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Southern California and the surprising lessons it taught her about the spirit of service.
- 1 day ago - SARC receives $10,900 from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention to help spread awareness - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with 700 Hours of Volunteer Service - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Expo for Transitioning Youth Connects Hundreds of Local Families to Resources for Teens and Young Adults with Differing Abilities - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Glassman Recommends FY 19 Budget With No Tax Increases, Record Investments in Public Safety, Education, Libraries - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - UMBC vs. University of Delaware at “Kicks for Chase” - 0 Comment