Lobsang Phuntsok is a former Tibetan monk who trained with the Dalai Lama and spent years teaching Buddhism in the West. In 2006, he moved back to establish a community in the Himalayan foothills for orphans and impoverished children. Phuntsok remembers, “My birth wasn’t something to celebrate. I brought a lot of pain and embarrassment to my family. That’s why when I was younger I was always called “the uninvited guest of this universe.” The Emmy-nominated film Tashi & the Monk dives into the heart of Phuntsok’s work, through the story of an endearing and troubled 5-year-old girl named Tashi who joins his school. This week you can watch the stunning short film in its entirety here, and learn more about the soul-stirring work being carried out in a hidden corner of our world.
- 2 days ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment