Is friendship indispensable or have we corroded its meaning by applying the word too often when we mean ‘acquaintance’ or colleague? C.S. Lewis believed that friendship, “like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” Maria Popova examines the meaning of friendship in detail, and concludes that, at least for her, it is indispensable to survival. Perhaps that’s true of you, too.
- 12 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 16 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 20 hours ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment