Is friendship indispensable or have we corroded its meaning by applying the word too often when we mean ‘acquaintance’ or colleague? C.S. Lewis believed that friendship, “like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” Maria Popova examines the meaning of friendship in detail, and concludes that, at least for her, it is indispensable to survival. Perhaps that’s true of you, too.
- 2 days ago - Havre de Grace Elementary School’s Thomas Dennison Jr. Named 2018 Lowell Milken Center Fellow - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Jones Junction Auto Dealership Group Now the Premier Sponsor of Bel Air Independence Day Celebration - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – DeAunte Wesley Printup - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Best Friends in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Pleasantville Animal Hospital of Fallston - 0 Comment