“What gifts can we offer gifted children? How can we who are their guardians do justice by them? The first gift is not to praise them for their talents alone. Just as a beautiful child is often praised only for their beauty, and grows simultaneously vain and insecure, an intelligent child can easily learn that their mind is what makes them lovable…Instead, give these children the gift of praise for attributes that have nothing to do with intelligence. Praise their kindness, their empathy, their bravery and strength. Praise their hearts and souls… This is the balm for a lonely child’s heart.” Here Betsy Cornwell outlines other gifts we can offer gifted children: ordinariness, time, courage to leap, and community.
- 2 days ago - ‘Libraries Rock!’ With Animals During Summer Reading - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Former DEA Official Highlights Pharmaceutical Industry’s Role in the Opiate Epidemic at Harford County’s 14th Annual Drug Symposium - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - HOMERUNS FOR HEALTHY KIDS - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Reunites Family of Bel Air Toddler with Life-Saving County Employees - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Public Schools Receives Grant to Continue Full-day Prekindergarten at Three Elementary Schools - 0 Comment