“What gifts can we offer gifted children? How can we who are their guardians do justice by them? The first gift is not to praise them for their talents alone. Just as a beautiful child is often praised only for their beauty, and grows simultaneously vain and insecure, an intelligent child can easily learn that their mind is what makes them lovable…Instead, give these children the gift of praise for attributes that have nothing to do with intelligence. Praise their kindness, their empathy, their bravery and strength. Praise their hearts and souls… This is the balm for a lonely child’s heart.” Here Betsy Cornwell outlines other gifts we can offer gifted children: ordinariness, time, courage to leap, and community.
- 21 mins ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment