“What gifts can we offer gifted children? How can we who are their guardians do justice by them? The first gift is not to praise them for their talents alone. Just as a beautiful child is often praised only for their beauty, and grows simultaneously vain and insecure, an intelligent child can easily learn that their mind is what makes them lovable…Instead, give these children the gift of praise for attributes that have nothing to do with intelligence. Praise their kindness, their empathy, their bravery and strength. Praise their hearts and souls… This is the balm for a lonely child’s heart.” Here Betsy Cornwell outlines other gifts we can offer gifted children: ordinariness, time, courage to leap, and community.
- 2 days ago - Harford County Executive Glassman Recommends FY 19 Budget With No Tax Increases, Record Investments in Public Safety, Education, Libraries - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - UMBC vs. University of Delaware at “Kicks for Chase” - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Romancing the Chrome Breaks Attendance, Registration, Fundraising Records - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Turning a Mistake Into Success for Harford County Locals - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Noreen Walden Named President of MRA Property Management, Inc. - 0 Comment