Exactly a year and a day ago today, doctor-poet Sriram Shamasunder was asked to share a poem to celebrate the wedding of two friends, who in joining their lives together, were also making a commitment to combine their energies, gifts and talents in service of the greater good. The opening lines draw you in: “Somewhere right now so many someones are closing their eyes for the last time / and so many others summon a first cry / a birth / a death / an entrance / an exit / like a train station / continuous / but / To travel together in this life / carries a sweetness / if only for a little while…” Read on for a poem and blessing that articulates the poignant power of togetherness on our human journey.
- 19 hours ago - Harford County Reunites Family of Bel Air Toddler with Life-Saving County Employees - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Public Schools Receives Grant to Continue Full-day Prekindergarten at Three Elementary Schools - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford Chamber Hosts 41st Military Appreciation Luncheon - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - HEALTH DEPARTMENT OFFERS NO-COST HIV TESTING ON JUNE 27th IN OBSERVANCE OF 2018 NATIONAL HIV TESTING DAY - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Dunlop Launches Its Latest Footwear Innovation The Chesapeake General Use PVC Boot - 0 Comment