Exactly a year and a day ago today, doctor-poet Sriram Shamasunder was asked to share a poem to celebrate the wedding of two friends, who in joining their lives together, were also making a commitment to combine their energies, gifts and talents in service of the greater good. The opening lines draw you in: “Somewhere right now so many someones are closing their eyes for the last time / and so many others summon a first cry / a birth / a death / an entrance / an exit / like a train station / continuous / but / To travel together in this life / carries a sweetness / if only for a little while…” Read on for a poem and blessing that articulates the poignant power of togetherness on our human journey.
- 20 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 24 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment