In the beautiful woods of Newtown, Connecticut, a new elementary school is about to open. Pleasing to the eye and soul, this new school replaces the Sandy Hook Elementary School in which, on December 14, 2012, twenty young children and six adults were shot and killed by a lone gunman. Not long after the shootings, the town decided to raze the old school and to build a new one on its site. In this interview, Barry Svigals, the founder of the architecture firm that designed the new school, shares how the building was designed to help heal wounds.
- 1 hour ago - Registration Open for Harford County Mental Health & Safety Education Program; Free Wednesday Evening Classes Start Sept. 12 - 0 Comment
- 1 hour ago - Registration Now Open for Harford County’s Free “Prepare Because You Care” Emergency Preparedness Program on Tuesdays, Sept. 4 – 25 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment