Activists are impatient for the world we want to see. But though we seek to build a world beyond capitalism, we still fall into its traps, like the need for ceaseless productivity. We transpose capitalist definitions of ‘success’ onto social movements. We’re either winning or losing. Within capitalism, if you’re not growing and improving, you’re failing. Some of us fight because our lives depend on it, and safe survival is hinged on change. Amid all of this, our very own hearts can drift away from us, anxiety-filled and future-focused. We’re so used to resisting that we resist warning signs from our own minds and bodies, constantly talking about self-care, but rarely practicing it.
- 3 hours ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 3 hours ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Spot DIY Scams in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Picture of the Week for July 16, 2018 - 0 Comment