Activists are impatient for the world we want to see. But though we seek to build a world beyond capitalism, we still fall into its traps, like the need for ceaseless productivity. We transpose capitalist definitions of ‘success’ onto social movements. We’re either winning or losing. Within capitalism, if you’re not growing and improving, you’re failing. Some of us fight because our lives depend on it, and safe survival is hinged on change. Amid all of this, our very own hearts can drift away from us, anxiety-filled and future-focused. We’re so used to resisting that we resist warning signs from our own minds and bodies, constantly talking about self-care, but rarely practicing it.
- 2 days ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment