Activists are impatient for the world we want to see. But though we seek to build a world beyond capitalism, we still fall into its traps, like the need for ceaseless productivity. We transpose capitalist definitions of ‘success’ onto social movements. We’re either winning or losing. Within capitalism, if you’re not growing and improving, you’re failing. Some of us fight because our lives depend on it, and safe survival is hinged on change. Amid all of this, our very own hearts can drift away from us, anxiety-filled and future-focused. We’re so used to resisting that we resist warning signs from our own minds and bodies, constantly talking about self-care, but rarely practicing it.
- 22 hours ago - SARC receives $10,900 from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention to help spread awareness - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with 700 Hours of Volunteer Service - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Expo for Transitioning Youth Connects Hundreds of Local Families to Resources for Teens and Young Adults with Differing Abilities - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Glassman Recommends FY 19 Budget With No Tax Increases, Record Investments in Public Safety, Education, Libraries - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - UMBC vs. University of Delaware at “Kicks for Chase” - 0 Comment