Dr. Jim Doty grew up in poverty and with an alcoholic father and depressed mother. But when he was 12 years old, a chance encounter with a woman named Ruth, and her teachings on mindfulness, visualization, and compassion, changed his life. He is now a clinical professor of neurosurgery at Stanford University and founder and director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education. In this interview, Dr. Doty shares more about his life journey and about how mindfulness has to be coupled with compassion in order for one to truly develop wisdom.
- 1 hour ago - Registration Open for Harford County Mental Health & Safety Education Program; Free Wednesday Evening Classes Start Sept. 12 - 0 Comment
- 1 hour ago - Registration Now Open for Harford County’s Free “Prepare Because You Care” Emergency Preparedness Program on Tuesdays, Sept. 4 – 25 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment