Dr. Jim Doty grew up in poverty and with an alcoholic father and depressed mother. But when he was 12 years old, a chance encounter with a woman named Ruth, and her teachings on mindfulness, visualization, and compassion, changed his life. He is now a clinical professor of neurosurgery at Stanford University and founder and director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education. In this interview, Dr. Doty shares more about his life journey and about how mindfulness has to be coupled with compassion in order for one to truly develop wisdom.
- 2 days ago - Havre de Grace Elementary School’s Thomas Dennison Jr. Named 2018 Lowell Milken Center Fellow - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Jones Junction Auto Dealership Group Now the Premier Sponsor of Bel Air Independence Day Celebration - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – DeAunte Wesley Printup - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Best Friends in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Pleasantville Animal Hospital of Fallston - 0 Comment